Pomona-Pitzer will serve as the host of the 2013 NCAA Division III Cross Country West Regionals on Saturday, November 16. The women's race begins at 9 a.m., with the men's race taking place at 10:15 a.m.
Below is information regarding the regionals, which will be one of eight held across the country on Saturday. A total of 21 teams will compete at Pomona-Pitzer, with the top two team finishers automatically qualifying for the NCAA Division III Nationals in Hanover, Indiana on Nov. 23. The top seven individuals (who are not part of the top two teams) will also automatically earn qualifications, while at-large team selections will be made on Sunday to complete the field for nationals.
The Pomona-Pitzer Cross Country course is centered at Strehle Track. The course begins at the soccer field below the track, consists of several loops around campus (three for the 6K women's race, four for the 8K men's race), which pass by the track, and the finish line is along the eastern side of Strehle Track.
Spectators are encouraged to park at the free parking facility on First Street and Columbia Avenue, which is located underneath the lacrosse field on the campus map/course map. Gates to Strehle Track will be open along Mills Avenue (if you use the parking facility, walk East on First Street and turn left on Mills Avenue).
Links for directions, a campus map and a course map are below:
Visiting Pomona College
Campus Map (PDF)
Course Map (PDF)
NCAA West Region Page
NCAA West Region Preview
NCAA West Region History
Live Meet Information
Live Video (through 4G modem)
Live Updates (Twitter)
Results (Royal Results)
Current West Regional Rankings (Men)
1. Willamette (No. 23 nationally), Salem, Ore. (NWC)
2. Claremont-M-S (No. 28 nationally), Claremont, Calif. (SCIAC)
3. Pomona-Pitzer (No. 35 nationally), Claremont, Calif. (SCIAC)
4. Puget Sound, Tacoma, Wash. (NWC)
5. Univ. Calif. Santa Cruz, Santa Cruz, Calif. (Independent)
Current West Regional Rankings (Women)
1. Claremont-M-S (No. 8 nationally), Claremont, Calif. (SCIAC)
2. Willamette (No. 28 nationally), Salem, Ore. (NWC)
3. Whitworth, Spokane, Wash. (NWC)
4. Occidental, Los Angeles, Calif. (SCIAC)
5. Cal Lutheran, Thousand Oaks, Calif. (SCIAC)