Sagehens Get Third Straight Shutout, Blank Chapman
Claremont, Calif. - The Pomona-Pitzer Men's Tennis team shut out its third straight SCIAC foe as it defeated Chapman 9-0 at Pauley Tennis Complex in its final home match of the season.
With the win, Pomona-Pitzer improves to 9-12 on the year with its fourth straight victory overall, and levels its record at 3-3 in conference matches after an 0-3 start. The Sagehens also shut out both Occidental and Caltech last Saturday in a pair of home matches.
Seniors Max Sabel (Sun Valley, Idaho), Frankie Allinson (McGregor, Texas) and Kevin Prescott (Chicago, Ill. - pictured) earned wins in singles in their final home matches (at No. 1, No. 4 and No. 6) with Allinson and Prescott both winning 6-0, 6-0.
Sabel and Allinson also earned an 8-2 win at No. 1 doubles to complete their final match at Pauley with a pair of wins.
The Sagehens also earned singles wins with some underclassmen as well, as Chris Wiechert (Eugene, Ore.) won at No. 2, sophomore Connor Hudson (Denver, Colo.) won at No. 3, and freshman Thomas Low (Charlotte, N.C.) earned a victory at No. 5.
Pomona-Pitzer is back in action on Friday for a road match at Redlands.
Pomona-Pitzer 9, Chapman 0
1) Frankie Allinson/Max Sabel (PP) def. Troy Akin/Brett Buford 8-2
2) Connor Hudson/Connor Sutton (PP) def. Kyle Coates/Chris Williams 8-2
3) Chris Wiechert/Kevin Wei (PP) def. Zach Resnick/Nick Mulflur 8-3
1) Max Sabel (PP) def. Troy Akin 6-3, 7-5
2) Chris Wiechert (PP) def. Kyle Coates 6-4, 6-3
3) Connor Hudson (PP) def. Brett Buford 6-4, 6-2
4) Frankie Allinson (PP) def. Nick Mulflur 6-0, 6-0
5) Thomas Low (PP) def. Chris Williams 6-3, 6-2
6) Kevin Prescott (PP) def. Hunter Morris 6-0, 6-0